Monday, September 17, 2007

occam & me

** Kurt, you are forewarned. This entry deals with hippie hygiene. Mine.**

Tonight Brian was flipped upside down on the rocking seat while we chatted.

"Hey did you shave your armpits?!" he suddenly asked.

I laughed at his acute sense of observation; razor action is a rare enough happening, although I had vowed to return to the habit. Pheromones were overpowering my righteous indignance at the frivolity & belittling aesthetics of the so-called beauty industry. As I am not trying to attract a mate, I have no need for hormone-laced fuzz & dusted off my unopened blades to re-introduce my underarm skin to the autumn air.

"Shaving is just obvious when you have a conversation upside down," he explained. (However as this was our first upside down conversation, logic dictates he's observed my underarms while right side up.) "And I was thinking it is funny how women don't shave their armpits and that breaks the norm, and I do shave mine which breaks another norm."

Lisa, Arianna and I oohed and aahhed as he pulled up his work shirt sleeve to show his trimmed crop; the scene was undeniably co-op.

What Brian did not detect was that, going all out today, I also wore the Tom's lavender deodorant he gave me right after moving into the house. That's what new friends are for: organic deodorants.