Saturday, October 6, 2007

taste

Brian made a party music mix for the Evolution party that struck a fine balance of melody & rhythm, funky more indie tunes mixed with familiar sing-along songs for drunks.

We let the set list replay during Saturday brunch, while everyone sprawled lazily around our basement on the makeshift post-party dining area.

"You know Brian," I said, "you have great taste in music, for someone who likes Channel 101 [obnoxious-trippy internet comedy shows]."

"You know April," he returned, "that compliment on taste means a lot coming from someone who wears feather boas."
.......

I wore them as part of my Evolution scales & feathers costume, which was also slated to include fire-breathing until I remembered Grammy's birthday warning: "I'm glad you like the boa. I just... well... I removed a tag, but... where you live... what your sister's said about the house... I know it suits you... well... just... DON'TWEARITNEAROPENFLAMES!"