Tuesday, May 8, 2007

hells angels fart pot

Another appetizing story and infamous dish from the annals (insert gastrointestinal joke here) of Haymarket History would be the attempted dish that dear german Lisa intended to conjure up for our Heaven & Hell potluck. Alas, it went "in the pants" (insert another gastrointestinal joke), a German expression that doesn't have an exquivalent in English but you probably get the basic idea from those gastrointestinal jokes so generously inserted by our audience members.

Fortunately or un-, the beans Lisa had soaked in advance were not in particularly delicious shape by the time she tied her apron strings. Peruse the email that Lisa sent the house just prior to the potluck.



Dear Friends and Neighbors,

When I just got to the kitchen, anticipating to prepare the brilliant dish "Hell's Angels Fart Pot" for the "Heaven and Hell" potluck tonight, I realized the beans had started fermenting, due to the weather... Now, I was told this is a delicacy in some areas of the globe, but unfortunatly I am not familiar with the recipe and am weary whether it would carry a name poetic enough to contribute to something to crucial to our life as "Heaven and Hell".

Ergo: My dish went in the pants. Mighty in the pants. Or should I say in the trash. And an overfilled trash bag in combination with my practical sense, left a long slug trail over the driveway... I tried cleaning it as good as possible, but just in case the neighbor can't find the art in this ...well work of art, you can refer him to me...


Lisa